• 1
    My Cards
    If you are looking for inspiration, I hope you will find some here ♡
    Read more
  • 2
    3D Projects
    Treat Holders, Pop ups & whatever I get obsessed with.
    Read more
  • 3
    My Videos
    Gift Card Holders & Treat Boxes are my favorites. Watch My Videos!
    Watch now
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Jan Musselman and I am so happy you are here today! I love sharing what I create using Stampin’ Up! Products. Here, on my blog, you will find some inspiration, tutorials and even a few videos.

You can even earn free products by purchasing your favorite Stampin’ Up! Products through me.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
Learn How

Past class in the mail projects

Latest on the blog

SOU Challenge #171



Hello Everyone,

Today I have created a card for the SOU Challenge #171. I chose flowers for the theme. We in Colorado had a few days of warm weather and blessed sunshine which always gives me an itch to start on my garden. But the ground is still frozen so I am forced to wait a while longer. I have managed a little clean up out there though.
Inside the card.

I purchased the Penned & Painted stamp set a while back so I thought this would be a great opportunity to break it out and ink it up. I am very fond of this style of stamping. I started with the Basic Black ink and Embossed it with Clear Embossing powder to do the outline of the flowers and the leaves. I cut many post it note masks to cover up the flowers starting with the center one. Then with all of the flowers masked off I stamped the leaves and embossed them too. I used the leaf detail stamp  in Bermuda Bay to stamp the inner leaf areas. I grabbed my Aqua Painter and blended the Bermuda Bay into the edge of the flowers and smoothed out the stamped areas. Next I uncovered the 2 daisies and inked up their detail stamps with So Saffron and added that to the daisy centers. Once again I used the Aqua Painter to smooth and extend the stamped centers. I then repeated that process with the center flower and it's detail stamp using Flirty Flamingo. I used Smoky Slate around the outer edges to give it some depth. The Sentiments are from the Birthday Blooms stamp set. The last but not least item was some Gold Wink of Stella scattered around the card. The card base is Bermuda Bay Cardstock. The mat is Flirty Flamingo Cardstock. I used Whisper White Cardstock for the focal piece. The sentiments are stamped in Basic Black.

I'll be on my way to my 1st OnStage experience in just a couple of days. I will have a few new goodies to share with you from our up coming Annual Catalog. Until then...

I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR DEMONSTRATOR!

If you are in the United States and need a demonstrator, then you can order your supplies in my online store here. Thanks for looking!

Yeah, this card was chosen for the Top 3 in the Challenge this week. Thank you all for your kind words.

Comments

  1. One of my FAVORITE stamp sets!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenges this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...love how you finished off the inside, too! I'm SO tempted to get that set! Thanks for playing along with the spring challenge this time on SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful and the colours all stunning. Brilliant masking and watercolouring and just perfect for our challenge. So glad you joined the fun at SUOChallenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty way to color those flowers and your masking is just flawless! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Unknown Commenters will not be allowed!